AFCAT Recruitment 2017.
Bookmark this page for viewing latest updates on AFCAT Recruitment 2017.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017
Indian Air Force has published a notification for the courses commencing in January 2018 for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch, Permanent Commission/Short Service Commission in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches.
The Online Registration for AFCAT Recruitment 2017 will commence from December 3, 2016. Applications will be accepted until December 29, 2016. The Air Force Common Admission Test and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) will be conducted on February 26, 2017.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Dates to Remember
|Notification Announcement||December 2, 2016|
|Application Process Commencement||December 3, 2016|
|Last Date to Apply||December 29, 2016|
|Date of Exam||February 26, 2016|
AFCAT Recruitment 2017 : Eligibility
Candidates applying for the exam should ensure that they fufill the necessary eligibility criteria. The Eligibility Criteria for the branches are different.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Selection Process
Candidates will be selected based on in AFCAT & Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (for candidates applied for technical branch only) followed by Intelligence Test, Psychological Test, Group Test, Medical Test and Interview conducted by Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs). Candidates applying for Flying Branch must appear for CPSS (Computerized Pilot Selection System), Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
Instructions to Apply Online
1. Log on to the website www.careerairforce.nic.in.
2. Click on “Candidate Login”.
3. Click on “New Candidate” to start the Online Application process.
4. Fill all the five parts of online applications carefully including part 5 where you need to upload photograph, signature and thumb impression.
5. Submit the application and retain User Name and Password for future use.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Types of Commission
Permanent Commission – Candidates joining as permanent commission officers would serve till the age of superannuation.
Short Service Commission
The Engagement period for SSC flying branch in fourteen years from the date of commissioning.
The initial tenure for short service commission officers in Technical and Ground duty branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subjected to willingness service requirements and availability of vacancies.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Training
The duration of training for flying and technical branches is 74 weeks and that of ground duty branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Emoluments
Gross Monthly Emoluments
(a) Flying Branch:- 80, 050/-
(b) Ground (Technical): 71,550/-
(c) Ground Duty Branches :- 68,550/-
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Notification
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2017
- The AFCAT Exam will be of 2 hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions (MCQs) on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.
- Candidates opting for ground duty (technical) branch to pass both AFCAT and EKT.
- Candidates who are short-listed on the basis of AFCAT/EKT will be called for further testing. The testing would consist of three stages : Stage-I- Test consisting of Intelligence Test, Stage-II- Testing consisting of Psychological, Group Tests and Interview and For Flying Branch, Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to eligible candidates.
The Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of January 2018 for all courses . The duration of training for Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches is 52 weeks.
AFCAT Recruitment 2017: Complaints
In case of any complaints or queries related to any part of the AFCAT Recruitment 2017 process, kindly contact the AFCAT Cell.
- Phone Number – 1800-11-2448, 011-26160458/ 26160459 (Direct), 011-23010231 Extn 7905
- For E-Mail queries: email@example.com.