SSC CHSL Skill Test Admit Card, Pattern and Preparation Strategies.
The Staff Selection Commission ((SSC) conducted the Descriptive Paper of Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination, 2015 on 18th September 2016 for recruitment to the post of Data Entry Operators & Lower Division Clerks.
Around 50,000 candidates appeared for it. As per the cutoff in Descriptive Paper (Paper-II), 6446 candidates have been declared qualified for taking the SSC CHSL skill test for Data Entry Operator and 44,586 candidates for the SSC CHSL Typing Test for post of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Lower Division Clerk.
SSC CHSL Skill Test Admit Cards Out
Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2015 Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)/Typing Test to the below mentioned candidates qualified in written part of examination will be held from 14th to 17th and 20 th to 22nd February, 2017. Call letter for the SSC CHSL skill test will not be sent by Post. Please go on the website and take a printout of Specimen call letter available at the last page of this document and attend the skill test. Candidates are advised to ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria as per the Notification. Candidates should invariably bring Two passport size photographs and an original photo identity card for attending the skill test.
SSC CHSL Skill Test and Typing Test Details
Tier 3 Exam will be conducted for SSC CHSL Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II). Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form
- SSC CHSL Skill test for Data Entry Operator
The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage and the duration of the said Test will be 15 Minutes.
- SSC CHSL Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks
Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-1 and Tier-2 examination only.
SSC CHSL Admit Card : Download
Note : The links in red below will be activated as soon as Staff Selection Commission issues SSC CHSL Admit Cards.
SSC CHSL Skill Test Pattern
- The SSC CHSL Skill Test is of QUALIFYING nature only.
- You should possess Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer.
- You will be given printed matter in English which they have to type on computer.
- The test will be of 15 minutes and you should have a minimum speed of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions in order to qualify.
- Also your typing speed of MS office will also be tested.
SSC CHSL Typing Test Pattern
- Typing Test will be conducted only in English or Hindi and you have to indicate your choice/option for Typing Test Medium in the Application Form.
- If you are opting for English medium, then you should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute and if opting for Hindi medium, you should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- In English the passage has to be typed in 10 minutes and it should have around 1750 key depressions and in Hindi it has around 900.
SSC CHSL Job Profile of Postal Assistant:
The SSC CHSL Job Profile of Postal Assistants is as follows:
- As a Postal Assistant recruitted through SSC CHSL, your job profile will depend upon the department you are posted in.
- The Various Departments in which you are likely to be posted are:
- Postal Assistant in Post offices: Most Probably, you will be posted here only and you have to work in the post office counter. The benefits of this is that you came across many customers and you keep yourself updated with the largest changes happening in the post office environment.
- Postal Assistant in saving bank control organization: In this work will be related to monitoring the saving money related work.
- Postal Assistant in foreign post organization.
- Postal Assistant in regional office.
- Postal assistant in returned letter offices.
- Sorting assistant in railway mail service.
- Postal Assistant in mail motor services.
Friends, this is it from our side regarding SSC CHSL Skill Test. If you have any question feel free to ask us.