RBI Assistant Papers of previous years.
Bookmark this page for receiving fastest updates on RBI Assistant Exam 2016 an for viewing and downloading RBI Assistant Papers of last 3 years.
RBI Assistant Papers
RBI Assistant exam , conducted for recruitment to the prestigious Reserve Bank of India is scheduled for December 23rd and 24th, 2016.
The complexity level of this exam is a challenge for most aspirants.
It is recommended that you go through RBI Assistant Papers of previous years to get a better grip and practice of the RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam 2016.
Download RBI Assistant Papers Below
RBI Assistant Papers
Note: Till last year the pattern of RBI Assistant Exam was different. There was no preliminary stage. However the questions were objective type. So kindly download the RBI Assistant Papers above and see for yourself the overall level of the exam. Practicing from RBI Assistant Papers will give you an edge over your competitors.
Advantages of Past Year RBI Assistant Papers
- An aspirant will get a firm grip of the RBI Assistant Prelims Exam once there is ample practice from RBI Assistant Papers.
- The overall level of complexity as well as the nature of the RBI Assistant Exam can be understood by practicing past year RBI Assistant Papers.
- One’s time management skills can be improved by attempting questions from past year RBI Assistant Papers, if an aspirant makes sure to attempt the RBI Assistant Paper in exactly the same way.
- The ‘type’ of questions asked in the exam ultimately can be known by attempting RBI Assistant Papers from previous years.
Disadvantages of Not Attempting Past Year RBI Assistant Papers
- An aspirants preparation will not be deemed complete unless ample practice from Previous Year RBI Assistant Papers is done.
- The whole process of evaluation will not begin unless previous year RBI Assistant Papers are attempted.
- One’s competitors will have an advantage if they attempt past year RBI Assistant papers and you don’t because they will gain more confidence.
- One will lack in time management skills by not attempting the papers.
- One will not get used to the nature of the RBI Assistant Exam.
What is the Correct Way to Attempt RBI Assistant Papers ?
Ideally , it is recommended that you create exam like conditions and then attempt RBI Assistant Papers. Remain one hundred percent honest towards yourself and attempt the paper in exactly the same format and same amount of time like you will do in the RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam.
While you attempt the Previous Year RBI Assistant Papers, do make sure that all distracting gadgets are turned off just like in the exam. Do not attempt the papers non-seriously otherwise they will be of no use.
Once you’ve attempted the past year RBI Assistant Papers, evaluate yourself by checking the answer key. Note down both your strengths and weaknesses and focus on both.
The whole purpose of attempting the RBI Assistant Papers is to not make the same mistakes in the final exam. So make it a point to improve your performance or at least keep it at the same level (if your attempt was good), with every new attempt.
Remember that practicing the RBI Assistant Papers (at least previous 3 years) is extremely crucial for any candidate. So please attempt the Past year RBI Assistant Papers damn seriously.
Things to keep in mind while attempting RBI Assistant Papers
- Practicing previously asked questions from RBI Assistant Papers will surely give you an edge. But do not attempt the RBI Assistant Papers assuming that questions will be repeated.
- Questions are seldom repeated in RBI Assistant Preliminary Exam. However, the advantage of attempting the papers is that the ‘type’ of question asked can be repeated.
- The major advantage of attempting RBI Assistant Papers is that one is confident enough to attempt the exam, having practiced well previously. So the questions don’t come across as new.
- Once done with attempting and evaluating of RBI Assistant Papers, practice from sample papers or mock tests designed for the RBI Assistant exam. It will do wonders to enhance your performance.
Does Attempting Past Year RBI Assistant Papers do candidates any good ?
I’m going to answer this question in one word – YES.
Attempting previous year RBI Assistant Papers should only be desired but is a necessity. Not practicing well from previous year RBI Assistant Papers can prove disastrous.
Best Use of Knowledge from RBI Assistant Papers
- Prior acquaintance of type of questions asked in past year RBI Assistant Papers will help any candidate to perform better.
- The innate confidence that an individual gets from solving RBI Assistant Papers is seen directly in her/his scores in the examination.
RBI Assistant FREE Mock Test
We are providing a FREE RBI Assistant Mock test to help you score better in the exam. So kindly attempt the Mock Test right away.
RBI Assistant PAID Mock Tests
If you’re confident about your preparation for RBI Assistant Prelims 2016, you should practice a lot of good mock tests. A lot of websites across the internet are providing RBI Assistant Mock tests and so are we. So if in case you like to enroll yourselves for god quality and performance enhancing mock tests, you’re welcome to register with us.
RBI Assistant Exam: Most Important Topics
In order to score well in the RBI Assistant Exam, it is important to go through RBI Assistant Papers from past years. But even more important is the fact that you know what are the high priority topics for this year’s exam.
Let me list here the high priority topics for RBI Assistant Exam 2016
High Priority Topics
|English||Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Rearrangements, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.|
|Numeric Ability||Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.|
|Reasoning||Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and decoding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Seating arrangements, Direction & Sense.|
Note : There are a few topics that can be ignored in the Numeric Ability section.
- Geometry theory except the area, volume, perimeter (AVP).
- coordinate geometry
- quadratic equations
RBI Assistant Cutoff
RBI Assistant is one of the most challenging exams of the Banking sector. With rising competition and less seats, the RBI Assistant is surely expected to be high this year. Of course as of now it is too early to predict but seeing the past trends, it is likely to go high.
Predicted RBI Assistant Cutoff 2016
Expected Cutoff 2016
Final RBI Assistant Cutoff 2015
|Zonal RBI||Final Cutoff 2015|
|Lucknow & Kanpur||170.25|
|Thiruvanathapuram & Kochi||165.00|
Note : In 2015 there was no preliminary stage in RBI Assistant Exam. Hence the cutoff was calculated out of 200.
RBI Assistant – Salary and Job Profile
- File Work: File work is the common job for any assistant in any organization and this is the most common job you have to do as an assistant at RBI. Your work will be maintaining files on various matters of organization.
- Data Entry: Data entry is also a common job for any assistant. You will be responsible for feeding the data in the system provided so that they can go back when required.
- Replying to Mails: RBI receives a lot of letters and emails daily and as an assistant, you will have the responsibility to draft the replies to most of them and also you have to approve them from your in charge before making the final copy.
- Inward and Outward Mail Entry: RBI receives a lot of letters and emails daily and they reply to most of them on daily basis. You may be given a responsibility to maintain the record of all the letters and emails sent and received.
- Basic pay: Rs. 15,060/- per month
- Pay scale: Rs. 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years).
- Allowances: It includes Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time.
- Gross emoluments: Approximately Rs. 32,429/- per month.
- Accommodation: Subject to availability.
- Reimbursements: For expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, briefcase, book Grant, allowance for the furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
- Dispensary facilities: Apart from reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility) RBI assistants also gets certain dispensary facilities.
- Loans and Advances: Granted at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, and Personal Computer.
- Governance: By the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefits of Gratuity.
- Total Annual Pay: Including allowances along with admissible perquisites attached to the post of RBI Assistant (excluding the value of housing) works out at the minimum to Rs. 3, 80,000/- p.a. (approximately).
Comparison of RBI Assistant with other Bank PO Profiles
RBI Assistant Job despite the fact that it is a clerical cadre job preferred by the majority of aspirants as compared to a Bank PO. Let us look at the following points to understand the situation better:
- Transfers: Transfer in RBI takes place after five years of service while in other banks the transfer takes place every three years.
- Rural postings: RBI doesn’t have branches in rural areas so the employees are mostly posted in urban localities while other banks post their employees in rural areas quite often.
- Work pressure: Other nationalized banks have tremendous work pressure regarding business generation, meeting the targets for the bank while in Reserve Bank of India there is no such pressure so the job is less stressful.
- BRAND: Do we need to discuss brand. Reserve bank of India is the father of all other banks. There is a great pride working for Reserve bank of India.
- Working Days and Timings: Work timings in Reserve Bank of India are 9.15AM to 5.15PM and RBI works 5 days a week. The situation is different in other nationalized banks as they have loads of work and targets to complete.
If you have any query in any aspect of the RBI Assistant Exam process in general or RBI Assistant Papers in particular, feel free to post them in the comments sections below. We will resolve them for you and get back to you at the earliest.
Additionally, if you want to have access to all the latest updates for all ongoing competitive exams, leave your email id in the pop up that comes on your screen when you enter our website. Bu subscribing to our website, you will receive all the exam related updates in your inbox.
The performance of each of our user counts. So prepare extremely well for RBI Assistant Exam and qualify it.
All the very best. Make this attempt count.