Indian Bank Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
Bookmark this page (Ctrl+D) for receiving latest updates on Indian Bank Exam.
Indian Bank Exam Pattern
The Indian Bank Exam Pattern comprises 3 stages –
- Stage 1: Preliminary Exam
- Stage 2: Mains Exam
- Stage 3: Interview
Indian Bank Exam Pattern: Preliminary Stage
|No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||35||35||Total Time 1 Hour|
Indian Bank Exam Pattern: Mains Stage
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
Objective Type Test
|Reasoning||50||50||Total Time 2 Hours|
Descriptive Type Test
|English Language||2||50||30 Minutes|
Note: The above tests except the tests of English Language (Objective) and English Language (Descriptive), will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi. Descriptive Test paper will be evaluated for those candidates who have qualified in the objective tests.
The English Language Paper in the Descriptive Type Test will comprise of Essay and Letter Writing.
Indian Bank Exam Pattern: Interview
Candidates who have been scored above the cut off score of the Main examination will be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Indian Bank. The intimation will be sent by email and sms to the registered email ID and mobile number. Interviews will be conducted at selected centres. The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required to download their interview call letters from the Bank’s website. Please note that any request regarding change in date, centre etc. of interview will not be entertained.
Indian Bank Syllabus
Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and decoding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Seating arrangements, Direction & Sense.
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Rearrangements, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
Note : There are a few topics that can be ignored in this section.
- Geometry theory except the area, volume, perimeter (AVP).
- coordinate geometry
- quadratic equations
Nowadays General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are up to date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more in this section.
- In Indian bank exam pattern, mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector & News related to the banking sector .
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Some questions are related to Banking & Marketing.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
Indian Bank Cutoff Scores
- Mean – 3/4th of Standard Deviation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD categories
- Mean – 1/4th of Standard Deviation for General Category There will be a second level cutoff point on total as per requirement
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each section and also a minimum total score in preliminary as well as main exam, as decided by the Bank. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cutoffs will be decided for preliminary and Main Examination. Candidates who have been qualified with preliminary Examination cut off score will be shortlisted for Main Examination.