IFS Salary – Complete Details.
Indian Foreign Service is one of the most elite services among all the other Civil Services. An individual needs to qualify the UPSC Civil Services Exam in order to become an IFS Officer.
IFS Salary Details
- Junior Time Scale
Officers at this level join as Under Secretary and the salary basically ranges between Rs. 8000 – 275 – 13, 500
- Senior Time Scale
Officers at this level join as Under Secretary and the salary basically ranges between Rs. 10, 650 – 325 – 15, 850
- Junior Administrative Scale
Officers at this level join as Deputy Secretary and the salary basically ranges between Rs. 12, 750 – 375 – 16, 500
- Selection Grade – IV
Officers at this level join as Counselor Director and the salary basically ranges between Rs. 15, 100 – 400 – 18, 300
- Senior Administrative Scale
Officers at this level join as Joint Secretary and the salary basically ranges between Rs. 18, 400 – 500 – 22, 400
- 6. High Commissioner / Ambassador
Officers at this level join as Foreign Secretary and the salary they receive is Rs. 26, 000 and is fixed.
After adding salary and all the perks and allowances the salary of an IFS officer totals around Rs. 60, 000. This amount is for those posted in India Amount varies with the country they are posted in.It is the Special Foreign Allowance that makes the major mark in the salary of an IFS officer. For example, if a new IFS officer is posted at the Indian Embassy in the USA, then he is entitled to get at least $ 4, 000 (2.40 Lakhs) per month as Special Foreign Allowance. This allowance increased with the increase in the Grade and level. As you can see, an IFS officer really gets a very fat check when he/she becomes an Ambassador or High Commissioner.
The DA currently is around 80% W.E.F. Jan 2013. It is predicted to be around 90% of Basic Pay w.e.f July 2013. If we calculate by assuming DA to be 90% of the Basic Pay, then the net amount left with the officer of all the four levels can be as follow:
- Junior Scale – A newly posted officer would begin with this pay scale
Pay Band Rs 15,600 – Rs 39,100
Grade Pay Rs 5400
- Senior Scales – The Senior Scales are though divided into 3 major categories
- Senior time Scale
Pay Band Rs 15600 – Rs 39100
Grade Pay Rs 6600
- Junior Administrative Grade
Pay Band Rs 15,600 – Rs 39,100
Grade Pay Rs 7,600
- Selection Grade
Pay Band Rs 37,400 – 67,000
Grade Pay Rs 8,700
- Super Time Scale – It may take around 20 years for an officer to reach this stage of payment.
Pay Band Rs 37,400 – Rs 67,000
Grade Pay Rs 10,000
- Above Super Time Scale – Above Super Time Scale is also divided into 3 main categories I.e.
- The Pay Band of Rs 37,400 – Rs 67,000 with the Grade Pay of Rs 12,000
- The Apex Pay Scale of Rs 80,000 (fixed) with no Grade Pay
- The Cabinet Secretary Grade pay scale of Rs 90,000 (fixed) with no Grade Pay
Hence, IFS Salary is a handsome amount.
More Salary Related Articles
- VIEW THE SALARY OF MERCHANT NAVY OFFICER
- VIEW THE SALARY OF AN IRS OFFICER
- VIEW THE SALARY OF AN IBPS PO
- VIEW THE SALARY OF AN SBI PO
- VIEW THE SALARY OF A BSNL JTO
- VIEW THE SALARY OF AN ASSISTANT SUB INSPECTOR
- VIEW THE TOP 10 GOVERNMENT JOB SALARIES FOR 2016
- VIEW THE EXPECTED RISE IN SALARIES AS PER THE 7th PAY COMMISSION
Kindly bookmark this page (Ctrl + D on keyboard) for receiving all updates on latest government job salaries