In this article you will get IDBI PO Preparation Plan and Books to Refer for all the sections, that will help you Crack the IDBI PO Exam.
- IDBI Bank, the youngest new generation public sector bank is conducting recruitment for the most awaited PO Exam.
- IDBI PO Exam is the benchmark in the banking Industry.
- Lakhs of candidates apply for it.
IDBI PO Scale I Exam Pattern
Below is the Exam pattern of Industrial Development Bank of India Probationary Officer (IDBI PO) Exam:
|Sr. No||Name of the section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability.||50||35||2 hours|
You have to qualify in each of the 4 sections by securing the cut off marks, which will be decided by IDBI.
IDBI PO Preparation Part 1: Syllabus
Before we discuss the preparation strategy, let us go through the IDBI PO Exam Syllabus.
IDBI PO Exam Syllabus for Reasoning Section –
- Logical Reasoning
- Input Output
- Coded Inequalities
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding Decoding
- Seating Arrangement
- Data sufficiency
IDBI PO Exam Syllabus for English Section:
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Error Spotting
- Cloze test
IDBI PO Exam Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude –
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Work & Time
- Ratio & Proportion
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination
- Time & Distance
IDBI PO Preparation
- The first and the foremost step for IDBI PO Preparation is to make a proper study plan for studying and stick to it.
- Go through the IDBI PO syllabus provided above carefully.
- This will help you to gauge the topics likely to be asked and will help you in IDBI PO Preparation.
- Next thing for IDBI PO Preparation is to practice as many mock tests as you can.
- If you have not enrolled for any Mock Test for IDBI PO Preparation so far, we recommend you to enroll for one asap.
- When you solve these IDBI PO Mock tests, focus on your speed and accuracy.
- The initial idea regarding IDBI PO Preparation is to improve your conceptual knowledge and accuracy.
- Now, once your basic concepts are crystal clear, and once you reach a good accuracy level, then try to shift your IDBI PO Preparation to a next level.
- Remember good speed means more attempts which in turn means more score.
This is your first attempt for IDBI PO Scale 1 Exam. and if you prepare well, you can clear the IDBI PO Scale 1 Exam in this very first attempt.
IDBI PO Preparation for Reasoning Section:
- Reasoning Questions asked in IDBI PO Exam will purely be based on logic.
- So your IDBI PO Preparation for reasoning section needs to be on those lines only.
- It is not a mathematical skill where you just learn various formulas and the work is done.
- Here , The IDBI PO Preparation strategy is to practice all type of questions as many times as you can.
IDBI PO Preparation for English Language Section:
- English Language Questions asked in IDBI PO Exam will check your basic English Grammar.
- So your IDBI PO Preparation for English section needs to be on those lines only.
- You need to learn basic concepts of English Grammar.
- Here , The IDBI PO Preparation strategy is to practice all type of questions and read good English magazines & newspaper to improve your reading skills.
IDBI PO Preparation for Quantitative Aptitude Section:
- Quantitative Aptitude Questions asked in IDBI PO Exam will check your numerical ability.
- So start from basics and build your concepts gradually.
- Memorise all the shortcut techniques.
- Here , The IDBI PO Preparation strategy is to attempt easier questions first.
IDBI PO Preparation for General Awareness Section:
A total of 50 questions will be asked for 50 marks from the following topics:
|Topic||No. of Questions|
Recommended Books for IDBI PO Exam:
IDBI PO Preparation is not complete without the right set of books. Here is a recommendation:
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation books for IDBI PO Exam:
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by
|Advance maths for General Competitions by Rakesh Yadav|
Reasoning Preparation books for IDBI PO Exam:
IDBI PO Preparation for Reasoning is not complete without the right set of books. Here is a recommendation:
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarawal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali|
|Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey|
English Preparation books for IDBI PO Scale I Exam
IDBI PO Preparation for English Language Section is not complete without the right set of books. Here is a recommendation:
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
Plinth to Paramount) by Neetu Singh
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi|
|High School English Grammar By Wren and Martin|
General Awareness Preparation books for IDBI PO Scale I Exam
IDBI PO Preparation for General Awareness Section is not complete without the right set of books. Here is a recommendation:
- Friends this is it for Preparation, Syllabus and Books to Read for preparation of examination
- If you have any queries/questions regarding IDBI PO preparation or if you want to get any specific information about IDBI PO Preparation, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. And we will be glad to answer them for you.