IBPS RRB Interview Questions and Tips for Officer Scale 1 posts.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has conducted Common Written Exam for Post of various Officer Level Posts for Recruitment in Regional Rural Banks. Selected candidates for these Officer Scale I, II, III now have to appear for a Common Interview based on their cut off Marks & Merit List.
IBPS RRB Interview Questions and Tips: Officer Scale I
If you are also appearing for IBPS RRB Interview, this article is for you. Here we will provide you a gist of expected areas from where question may be asked from you in Interview.
IBPS RRB Interview Marks:
The Common Interview for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1, 2, 3 will be of 100 Marks.
IBPS RRB Interview Cutoff:
The Cutoff for IBPS RRB Interview will be decided by IBPS.
IBPS RRB Interview Important Topics:-
The IBPS RRB Interview for OFFICER SCALE 1 will be testing you on the following 5 Topics.
- Your Personal Information/ Educational Background.
- Banking Knowledge.
- Knowledge of Current Affairs.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer.
- About RRB Banks (History and Current Scenerio).
Let us discuss each of these 5 topics regarding IBPS RRB Interview in detail:
1. Personal Information/ Educational Background:
- You should thoroughly prepare a bio data of yourself that includes your educational qualifications, your personal information. your hobbies, Your strengths, your weakness, Extra curricular activities you have participated in, your prior work experience (if applicable.)
- In these type of questions you need to be more confident.
- The reason being that, these questions belong to you as personal, so you need to answer these questions in a convenient manner.
- Be ready with an answer even if they ask you about your weakness.
2. Banking Knowledge:
You must have a decent knowledge about the Banking Sector. Go through the following topics for the same:
- RBI Current Policy & Reserve Rates
- Types of Bank, Nationalized banks
- About RBI.
- Types of Accounts in Bank.
- Cheque, Demand Drafts, ATM Cards.
- Repo Rate, Reverse Repo Rate, CRR, SLR, MSF
- Base Rate, Inflation, Deflation, Base Rate, Core Banking Solutions
- Financial Market, CD, Commercial papers.
- Balance of Payments.
3. Current Affairs:
- You can expect at least a few questions from Current Affairs (specially from past three months).
- The Key here is to go through all the major happenings like recent awards, Political issues, Sports related questions, and other issues of national or international importance.
4. Computer Knowledge:
- You may expects a few questions here also (Though not important as current affairs).
- Go through the basic computer terminology and you will be done.
5. About RRB Banks (History and Current Scenerio).
This is one of the most favorite areas of the Interview Panel.Be ready for it otherwise you may lose your chances of selection.Go through the following topics for the same:
- Knowledge of Work Areas of RRB.
- RRBs Rules & Regulations.
- Policies of RRBs & RBI news related to RRB.
- Basic information about RRB to which you have applied, their work area, their history, their no. of branches.
IBPS RRB Interview Questions :-
- Why Banking Sector?
- Why Government Job?
1. Why Banking Sector?
- This question will definitely be asked
- The reason being that the Panel wants to know, why you want to join banking sector specially Regional Rural Banks.
- If you are going for IBPS RRB Scale 1 interview with degrees like B.Tech or MBA, this will generally be your First question. So be genuine in your answer and answer these type of Questions in a convincing manner.
2. Why Government Job?
- This is a generic question. So when you are going for this IBPS RRB Interview, be very clear in your mind that why you want to join government sector.
- The answer can revolve around job security and respect in the society.
- Even better if you can quote some examples of your relatives, parents etc that are associated with a government job or bank.
IBPS RRB Interview Tips to Crack :
The list can be big but here we are providing you the most effective tips for cracking IBPS RRB Interview:
- Be Confident & Stay Focused.
- Enhance your interpersonal skills.
- Stay Calm & Don’t Hesitate to ask.
- Pay Attention & Regards to each member of the Interview Panel.
- Don’t argue with the Interviewer in any situation.
- Be well Dressed.
- Answer to Each questions with a smiling face.
- Answer Each question with Confidence & Humbleness.
- Convey your Regards after Interview is over.
- Show your best version in the Interview Hall.
- Give them every reason to select you.
Final Words regarding IBPS RRB Interview:
- Do not think Interview is a very hard nut to crack.
- Prepare yourself according to your strengths and weakness.
- In the IBPS RRB Interview you will only able to give answer of those question, which you have prepared well.
- So be thoroughly prepared for the Interview.
- Don’t shy away or afraid about Interview as it is part of Selection Process.
- Give your 100% in the Interview in every situation & you will come out as a winner and your Reward is selection as Officer Scale 1, 2, 3 in Regional Rural Banks.