Government Doctor Salary in India.
Kindly bookmark this page (Ctrl + D on keyboard) for receiving all updates on latest salary figures for various jobs
- Government Doctor Salary in India
- Government Doctor Salary Details
Government Doctor Salary in India
Doctors are one of the most respectable professionals in the world. In India, each year lakhs of aspirants qualify the most challenging exam to get into prestigious medical colleges. After years of hard work in medical college and later, one finally becomes a doctor.
Let us now have a look at the salary of these respectable professionals.
Government Doctor Salary Details
Pay Scale for Doctors in Top Medical Institutes
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Assistant Professor||INR 15,600 – 39,100 + NPA – subject to a minimum salary of INR 30,000 along with academic grade salary of INR 8,000|
|Senior Resident (on Adhoc basis)||INR 18,750 + INR 6,600 (GP) plus other allowances|
|Banaras Hindu University (BHU)|
|Junior Research Fellow- J.R.F.||INR 16,000 + H.R.A. (as per university norms)|
|Project Fellow (under UGC funded project), Department of Gastroenterology||INR 8,000 per month|
|National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore|
|Research Officer||INR 20,000 per month (consolidated)|
|Doctor (Field Medics)||INR 35,000 per month|
|TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai|
|Orthotist & Prosthetics||INR 25,000 per month|
|Junior Resident*(Non Academic) in the following specialties:|
|Radiotherapy||INR 15,600 + INR 5,400 (GP) + other allowances including NPA|
Highest Salaries offered to Doctors in India (as per State)
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
- West Bengal
Quick Facts about Government Doctor Salary
- Pediatricians in Madhya Pradesh are getting a starting salary of INR 35,000 per month.+
- Specialists on contractual basis for Andaman and Nicobar Islands are getting a starting salary of INR 55,000 per month.
- The Kerala and Assam governments are paying 50% more salary to doctors for running OPDs in public healthcare centers
- As per the government of India, 76% of the special allowance for doctors will be merged with the basic pay.
- Doctors, who will be working in casualties of district, taluk, and general hospitals, will be getting special allowance of INR 2,000 per month.
- In order to eliminate difference in pay scale between a government health department and ESI hospital, the salary for an MBBS in ESI hospital has been increased to INR 21,000 per month from INR 18,000. Salary for a post graduate (MD) has been increased from INR 18,000 monthly to INR 29,000 per month.