Daily GK Digest – March 8th, 2017 for top current affairs of today.
For viewing Daily GK Updates >> CLICK HERE
Daily GK Digest
Here is the daily GK Digest for March 8th, 2017.
Daily GK Digest : Top Five Current Affairs for Today
International Women’s Day
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year globally.
- It is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
- The 2017 theme for International Women’s Day is “Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030”.
- The Prime Minister said, ” Saluting the indomitable spirit, determination & dedication of Nari Shakti on International Women’s Day.
President presents Nari Shakti Puraskars
- The President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented Nari Shakti Puraskars 2016 at a special ceremony/function held in New Delhi on the occasion of International Women’s Day today.
- The awards were presented to 33 women in recognition of their efforts in rendering distinguished services for the cause of women, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
- Speaking on the occasion the President said that Government is equally concerned at the rising rate of violent crimes against women.
Environment Ministry launches Web Portal for obtaining CRZ Clearances
- The Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Anil Madhav Dave, launched the web portal for obtaining Coastal Regulation Zone clearances, today.
- The Portal is a web-based system for obtaining clearances required from the Ministry under the “Coastal Regulation Zone” (CRZ) by the Project proponents.
- The system will enable the Project proponents and the concerned State/Union Territory bodies like the State Coastal Zone Management Authorities (SCZMAs) and Municipal/Town Planning agencies in tracking the status of their proposals.
- The system is based on web architecture, similar to the existing systems in place for according environmental and forest clearances.
Indo – Oman Joint Army Exercise Al Nagah-li 2017
- Second edition of the joint exercise between the Indian and Oman Armies commenced today with the Opening Ceremony at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The training contingents comprised of platoon strength from both the Armies, which will be validated over 2-3 days by senior military observers of both the countries.
- The previous edition of the Exercise was held at Muscat, Oman in 2015.
- The aim of this exercise is to acquaint both forces with each other’s operating procedures, improve the interoperability in conducting joint operations in the backdrop of counter insurgency/ counter terrorism environment.
Aadhar Pay App launched
- An Aadhaar-based app has been launched that will not only do away with the need to carry debit or credit cards, but also cellphones.
- For the consumer, what could be the most attractive feature of Aadhaar Pay is that it does not impose any transaction fee on the consumer.
- The android app launched by IDFC bank needs to be carried only by the shopkeeper.
- All the consumer needs to do is carry her Aadhaar number and mention the bank.
- The chief of Unique Identification Authority of India has assured that Aadhar Pay is as safe as any other mode of cashless payment.