Daily GK Digest – December 30th, 2016 for top current affairs of today.
Bookmark this page (Ctrl+D) for viewing latest GK Digest Updates.
Daily GK Digest
Here is the daily GK Digest for December 30th, 2016.
Daily GK Digest : Top Five Current Affairs for Today
Government proposes to setting up of Financial Data Management Centre
- Committee set up under the department of Economic affairs, recommended the setting up of financial data management centre for managing the repository of financial regulatory data to ensure stability in the economy.
- The Committee, headed by Ajay Tyagi (additional secretary in finance ministry), has submitted its report and a draft bill titled ‘The financial data management centre bill 2016’ for passage in Parliament, that will standardise data from all financial sector regulators in a single database and will provide analytical insights based on the data.
- It suggests the passage of a Bill in Parliament—the Financial Data Management Centre Bill 2016—to create the statutory body, as recommended by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley in budget speech 2016-17 had announced setting up of financial data management centre under the aegis of the financial stability and development council (FSDC) to facilitate integrated data aggregation and analysis in the financial sector.
Takam Pario likely to be the new CM of Arunachal Pradesh
- In the sudden developments, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu suspended from his party and he is making way for Takim Pario to become the new and 4th CM of the state in 2016.
- The Peoples’ Party of Arunachal (PPA) on early Friday suspended Chief Minister Pema Khandu, Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein and five other party MLAs from the primary membership of the party, temporarily with immediate effect, for alleged anti-party activities as per reports.
- Pario served as the Minister of Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) in the ousted Pema Khandu government.
US and Russia in the cold war for election hacking
- American president Mr. Obama said in a statement, Russian deplomats and their families were given 72 hours to leave the country.
- Now the Russian minister proposes expulsion of 35 US diplomats in tit for tat move of American sanctions over the Russian hands in US presidential election hacking.
- Russia’s UK Embassy hit out at President Barack Obama over the sanctions via Twitter, labeling his administration “hapless” and posting an image to suggest he is a “lame duck” president.
- Now all these will be in the hands of president-elect Mr. Trump that he may continue with these sanctions of US over Russia or he may lift.
Rs. 1200 Crore FDI proposals cleared by FIPB
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board(FIPB) clears the six investment proposals, worth of Rs 1200 crores of foreign investment.
- FIPB, headed by Shaktikant Das, secretary of Economic Affairs, clears six out of 17 proposals, reports said.
- India allows FDI in most sectors through the automatic route, but in certain segments considered sensitive for the economy and security, the proposals have to be first cleared by FIPB.
- The FIPB is inter-ministerial body that offers a single window clearance for applications on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) that are under the approval route.
PM launches BHIM App for digi transactions
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches BHIM app to facilitate e-transactions with just a thumb impression.
- BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is a mobile payment application and a re-branded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) modes of e-payment.
- The new app is expected to minimize the role of plastic cards and the point of sale machines once believed to be essential for a less cash society.
- With the BHIM app, anyone can send or request money through the app to make a digital payment. The app is linked to customer’s bank account, so he don’t have to load money in it unlike a wallet, and a merchant does not have to worry about transferring the money back to their bank account.