A Detailed Guide on 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale.
7th Pay Commission Pay Scale & Allowances after Cabinet Decision
- 7th Pay Commission has done a lot of new things. The Most important of them is doing away with the Pay Band or Grade Pay System
- In the 7th Pay Commission pay scale, a new Pay Matrix system will be introduced by the commission.
- This new 7th pay commission pay scale will contain as many as 18 horizontal levels. All these levels will take care of the fixation of pay on MACP or Promotion.
- For all these 18 horizontal levels, the vertical range for each is meant for fixation of pay by providing annual increment.
- Taking all these aspects regarding the 7th Pay Commission pay Scale Sarkari.jobs has come up with a detailed article on 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale and Allowances.
- In this article, you will get about all aspects of 7th pay Commission pay Scale including HRA and TA of Central Government Civilian Employees.
Expected 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Table
|1 S-1,2||5200-20200||1800||15,000-60,000||5,000||1 S-3||5200-20200||1800||15,000-60,000||5,000||1 S-4||5200-20200||1800||15,000-60,000||5,000||1 S-5||5200-20200||1900||15,000-60,000||5,500||1 S-6||5200-20200||2000||15,000-60,000||6,500||1 S-7||5200-20200||2400||15,000-60,000||7,500||1 S-8||5200-20200||2800||15,000-60,000||8,500||2 S-9||9300-34800||4200||30,000-1,00,000||10,000||2 S-10||9300-34800||4200||30,000-1,00,000||10,000||2 S-11||9300-34800||4200||30,000-1,00,000||10,000||2 S-12||9300-34800||4200||30,000-1,00,000||10,000||2 S-13||9300-34800||4600||30,000-1,00,000||13,500||2 S-14||9300-34800||4800||30,000-1,00,000||15,000||2 S-15||9300-34800||5400||50,000-1,50,000||16,500||New||15600-39100||5400||50,000-1,50,000||16,500||3 S-16||15600-39100||5400||50,000-1,50,000||16,500||3 S-17||15600-39100||5400||50,000-1,50,000||16,500||3 S-18||15600-39100||6600||50,000-1,50,000||20,000||3 S-19||15600-39100||6600||50,000-1,50,000||20,000||3 S-20||15600-39100||6600||50,000-1,50,000||20,000||3 S-21||15600-39100||7600||50,000-1,50,000||23,000||3 S-22||15600-39100||7600||50,000-1,50,000||23,000||3 S-23||15600-39100||7600||50,000-1,50,000||23,000||4 S-24||37400-67000||8700||1,00,000-2,00,000||26,000||4 S-25||37400-67000||8700||1,00,000-2,00,000||26,000||4 S-26||37400-67000||8900||1,00,000-2,00,000||27,500||4 S-27||37400-67000||8900||1,00,000-2,00,000||27,500||4 S-28||37400-67000||10000||1,00,000-2,00,000||30,000||4 S-29||37400-67000||10000||1,00,000-2,00,000||30,000||4 S-30||37400-67000||12000||1,00,000-2,00,000||30,000|
[PR PB : Pre Revised Pay Band]
How to fix Pay of existing Employees in the 7th Pay Commision Pay Scale Matrix System ?
These are the steps which will be followed in deciding the 7th Pay Commision pay Scale matrix of existing employees.
- Identifing Basic Pay (Pay band plus Grade Pay) drawn by any employee as on the date of implementation. This figure is ‘A’.
- Multiplying ‘A’ with 2.57, rounding-off to the nearest rupee, and obtain result ‘B’.
- The figure so arrived at, i.e., ‘B’ or the next higher figure closest to it in the Level assigned to the employee’s grade pay.
- This will be the new pay in the 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale matrix.
- If in any case, the value of‘B’ is somewhat less than the starting pay of this Level, then pay will be equal to the starting pay of that level.
7th Pay Commission pay Scale Allowances:
- HRA will be @ 24%, 16%, and 8% as per X, Y and Z class cities respectively.
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale has also recommended for enhancement of the HRA while DA is likely to cross 50% and 100%.
- If we talk about the Transport Allowance, there is no such increase. It has been merged with the Existing DA @ 125%.
Pay commision’s before 7th Pay Commison
- Before the 7th Pay Commision, the 6th Pay Commission was implemented and it had recommended a 20 per cent hike which government doubled in 2008.
- The Government after due consideration decided to accept all the recommendations of the 6th pay Commission in respect of all the categories of employees that were covered in its terms of reference.
The Government accepted the 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations on various points which were:
- Minimum Pay.
- Fitment Factor.
- Index of Rationalization.
- Pay Matrices.
Apart from that there were few general recommendations on the pay without any material alteration. The Government kept Defense Pay Matrix in order to maintain a parity in pay with Central Armed Police Forces.
7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Allocation
- The actual allocation towards the investment will depend on how much of arrears one receives as the lump sum and how much the increase in salary has taken place.
- However, the approach for all those receiving the benefit of 7th pay commission remains more or less the same. Firstly, get rid of debt and thereafter make your money work harder.
- Any credit card outstanding should be immediately paid-off in total .
Advantages of 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Matrix:
- The finance ministry has said that bicycle advance, festival advance and natural calamity advance have also been abolished. In addition to that, the advance of pay on transfer, on leave salary, for lawsuits as well as for the training in Hindi through various correspondence course have been discontinued.
- All interest-free advances do stand discontinued with exception of interest-free advance for the medical treatment, the travelling allowance for family of the deceased, the travelling allowance on any tour or transfer and the leave travel concession (LTC), according to office memorandum.
- “The interest bearing advances relating to a motor car advance and a motorcycle/scooter/moped advance will also stand discontinued,” the expenditure department said.
- However, the government will be entitling the staff for any advance to buy personal computer for up to Rs 50,000. This advance can also be availed five times during the entire service period.
- The government has implemented 2.57-time hike in the basic salary for 1 crore govt. employees and also pensioners as per the 7th Pay Commission recommendations.
- The Pay Commission had also recommended an abolition of all interest free advances, except advances for medical treatment, travel allowances on tour & transfer, travel for the family of deceased employees and LTC.
Friends, this was it from our side regarding the 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale. If you have any queries or questions regarding 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale, feel free to ask them.