7 Ways to Improve Communication skills.
Improve Communication Skills:
One of the most important life skills is being able to communicate effectively. In this article, the main focus is on the ways to improve communication skills.
What is Communication?
Communication is basically the act of transferring information from one place to another by different means eg. vocally, by writing, visually(charts, logos, maps, etc) or non-verbally(gestures, body language and postures and pitch of your voice).
- Verbal Communication: Communication is done with the use of words in the speech to transfer the message. One person speaks and others listen and understand. This type of communication is also known as Oral communication.
- Written Communication: When we use written words to convey the piece of information, it is known as written communication. Written Communication can be in any form eg. stories, letters, memos, manuals, etc.
- Non Verbal Communication: This type of communication involves studying and observing a person and concluding meaning from observations. Body Language and Postures, the pitch of voice are some examples of nonverbal communication.
The Information you convey and collect is the measure of good communication skills. Developing good communication skills is a must skill in almost all the aspects of life, from professional to personal gatherings communication skills plays an important role to communicate effectively and clearly.
It’s never too late to work on your communication skills. Let’s look at some different ways that can help you improve communication skills like a boss.
How to Improve Communication Skills?
Communication skills are essential for the successful career of an aspirant. In today’s competitive world, communication skills in business are the most sought after quality of an educated person. The three most important factors to improve communication skills for aspirants are:
Nowadays good communication is the key to success the better your speaking skills are the more are your chances of closing a sale, being hired, etc. There has been always a trend that is you are good in communication skills you can always land a great job or do a task more easily than the person whose communication skills are not as good.
7 Tips to improve Communication Skills:
This technique helps a lot in “how to improve communication skills?” Reading is considered the most powerful practice to improve English communication skills, Reading Newspaper, English Literature, Magazines, Novels, fiction, etc helps you improve your reading speed, vocabulary. You can read newspapers like The Hindu, The Economic Times, Business Lane, etc. Reading improves the thinking process and enhances your ability to gather ideas and implement them.
2. Speaking Speed:
Many people are fluent in speaking their mother tongue, but struggle with English Communication Skills and this is due to one simple reason many people think if they are fluent in their mother tongue they can get that fluency in any other foreign languages but this is not always true so new learners are advised to slow down your speaking speed and see the changes.
Speaking slowly makes you think and speak more clearly in the situation giving you more time to think and select your words while you speak.
The greatest fear of all time in students is what the listener will think of him/her if he commits any mistake, especially new learners have this fear of what listeners will perceive of the speaker. These kinds of fear come and go daily we advise putting your fear aside because these types of fear will haunt you till the last day of your life. When you are on the journey of learning something new, this kind of thoughts should not create any hindrances.
4. Check out Dictionaries:
Dictionaries are the full package of new words with meaning, synonyms, adjective and noun forms, basically, everything you can ask for. Dictionary gives you in-depth knowledge about words. An hour daily reading dictionary and learning new words can drastically improve communication skills.
5. Improve your vocabulary:
Good Vocabulary is very important for banking exam preparation, a good vocabulary is important in speaking fluently. Having a good vocab helps you understand the conversation easier. Here are some good ways to improve vocabulary. Six easy ways to improve your vocabulary and learn new words.
- Read, read, and read: The more you read the better especially novels and literary works, but also magazines and newspapers, the more words you’ll be exposed to. As you read and uncover new words, use a combination of attempting to derive meaning from the context of the sentence as well as from looking up the definition in a dictionary.
- Keep a dictionary and thesaurus handy: Use whatever versions you prefer in print, software, or online. When you uncover a new word, look it up in the dictionary to get both its pronunciation and its meaning(s). Next, go to the thesaurus and find similar words and phrases and their opposites (synonyms and antonyms, respectively) and learn the nuances among the words.
- Use a journal: It’s a good idea to keep a running list of the new words you discover so that you can refer back to the list and slowly build them into your everyday vocabulary. Plus, keeping a journal of all your new words can provide positive reinforcement for learning, even more, words especially when you can see how many new words you’ve already learned.
- Go back to your roots: One of the most powerful tools for learning new words and for deciphering the meaning of other new words is studying Latin and Greek roots. Latin and Greek elements (prefixes, roots, and suffixes) are a significant part of the English language and a great tool for learning new words.
- Play some games: Word games that challenge you and help you discover new meanings and new words are a great and fun tool in your quest for expanding your vocabulary. Examples include crossword puzzles, anagrams, word jumble, Scrabble, and Boggle.
- Engage in conversations: Simply talking with other people can help you learn to discover new words. As with reading, once you hear a new word, remember to jot it down so that you can study it later and then slowly add the new word to your vocabulary.
6. Read Loudly:
Reading is the best habit to improve communication skills but murmuring while reading won’t help much in communication skills, when we read out loud we hear our own voice and make out mistakes while reading. Golden tip to improve communication is to pronounce each and every word clearly and loudly.
7. Body Language Matters:
Keep one thing in mind that the body posture while speaking makes a great impact on listeners I think body language speaks about you more than words. A decent, confident and approachable body language engages the audience.
Friends this is it for How to improve Communication Skills. Feel free to ask us any queries and questions you have in the comments section below and we will be glad to answer them for you.
Trending: Click here to view IBPS Clerk Mains Cut Off 2016 Click here to view IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis RRB NTPC Mains Admit Card: Download Here! Click here to view IDBI PO Cut Off 2016 Click here to view RRB NTPC Mains Cut Off 2016 Click here to download SSC CHSL Admit Card 2016 View Indian Bank PO Cut Off